I suppose it’s time to let the proverbial cat out of the bag. When I finished my first surrogacy in July this year, I knew right away that I wanted to do it all again. My original plan was to wait a year before doing anything about it. I wanted that time to make sure I was ok before going forward.
Well, those concerns disappeared pretty fast when I healed much quicker than I had thought both physically and emotional from the first birth, and found out some other news that meant that a few obstacles I had seen in my way were no longer an issue.
Now by that point I had already been talking with a great couple who I shall refer to as C and Y. They are a married Male couple living in the GTA. At the beginning we didn’t talk of working together. We just talked and as we got to know each other it didn’t take me long to know that I really wanted to help them to build their family.
There were a few hitches in the road as they were switching fertility clinics and their egg donor found out that she had an unknown obstacle to donating for them. So the search was on for a new egg donor, and with some luck they found one pretty quickly!
So as it is now, I am waiting for C and Y to have their lawyer work out the contract, and once we agree and sign the contract we should be able to start our first cycle pretty quickly.
And with just a little more luck, by this time next year they will be sharing the holidays with their new bundle of Joy! (or maybe two?)
PS: I have also started a seperate Blog for the surrogacy. If you’d like to follow it there as well, go to: baby2beforyandc.wordpress.com